Wednesday, October 04, 2006

IT MAY BE HARD TO BELIEVE BUT.......

Yes, it may be hard to believe, given that it took 1 year to get a response to any chemo regime, but, my numbers continue to go down, even though I haven't had chemo in 4 weeks and underwent a prostate surgery during that same 4 week period. I called in for my myeloma numbers today, from the blood draw on Monday, and my IGG's are now at 1144, down from 1231 in late August!!! Yes!!! I'll interrogate Dr. Rifkin next week when he sees me, but right now I am enjoying the progress even though I can't explain it.

Susan and I shared a bottle of wine tonight and enjoyed the good news, which was such a rarity last year. We toasted our good fortune for having so many good friends and family who cared for us during last year's struggles. May our blessings continue.
Love,
Dan

Post Script: I just heard this on a television program of all things, but liked it. Philosopher Kahlil Gibran wrote: "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars."

1 comment:

Seal Family said...

This is wonderful news!! With all the "bloggers" out there in the Patterson corner the numbers had no where to go but down!! Greg and I will have glass of wine tonight for all of the Pattersons. love Dorothy