Friday, November 14, 2008

And We're Off to Arkansas

We finalized our arrangements today to go to Arkansas for a second opinion regarding the path forward. We see Rifkin late Monday and head straight for the airport to go to Little Rock. I check in at the Myeloma Institute at 7 a.m. Tuesday morning to begin a series of tests for 2 days, after which I will have a consult with Dr. Barlogie, one of the world's leading experts in treating myeloma. Of course, Susan will be there to keep me in a positive frame of mind. She's the best! I couldn't imagine being on this journey without her. This contact with the Myeloma Institute was facilitated by Dr. Yosef Refaeli from Denver's National Jewish Hospital. The whole "adventure" makes me quite nervous, probably because I am fearful of what I might be told about my disease or future treatment. Not that I am unaware of the seriousness of this nastiness, but after some time of managing to keep it under control, I have become accustomed to blocking out those negative thoughts. I will, nonetheless, have put together a long list of questions for both of my doctors. And in 10 days I will report the answers to you.
Much love to you all.
Dan

No comments: